A All the food smells tasty today and makes my mouth water. 今天所有的食物聞起來都很香,我都流口水了。
B Let's line up here. This line seems a little shorter. 我們在這兒排隊吧。這一隊看起來短些。
A What's on the menu today? 今天的菜單上有什么?
B Fish, beef, pork, chicken, vegetables and beancurd. For staple food we have rice, steamed bread, stuffed buns and noodles. 有魚、牛肉、豬肉、雞肉、青菜和豆腐。主食有米飯、饅頭、包子和面條。
A Oh,we're lucky today, aren't we? 噢,今天我們很幸運,不是嗎?
B I'd rather take stewed cabbage with beef. 我想吃牛肉燉白菜。
A I think I'll take fried fish, because fish is one of my favorites. 我想吃炸魚,因為魚是我最喜歡的。
B That's good, we can share what we have. Here we are. You go ahead. 那太好了,我們可以分享我們的菜。到我們了,你先買。
A (They get everything ready)Here is a free table. Let's sit down. Help yourself to some fish please. Isn't it delicious and appetizing? (他們買好了)這里有一張空桌子。我們坐下吧,請吃魚。難道不好吃,看著很有食欲嗎?
B I'm sorry I don't like it's a little too salty. 很抱歉我不喜歡。有點咸。
A I see. You people from south prefer sweet, don't you? 我知道你們南方人喜歡吃甜食,是嗎?
B Yes, I like the fish cooked in sweet and sour sauce best. Try some beef, please. 對,我最喜歡吃糖醋魚。請吃點牛肉吧。
A Thank you. I'm through with one steamed bread and I'd like a second helping. 謝謝你。我已吃完一個饅頭了,而且我還想吃一個。
B Your appetite is good. 你的胃口不錯。
A I'm always feeling hungry. 我總是感到餓。