S:Hi, Tony. You look unhappy. What's wrong?
嗨,托尼,你看起來不高興。怎么了?
T:Oh, Steven, I made a big mistake.
哦,史蒂文,我犯了個大錯。
S:What happened?
發(fā)生什么事了?
T:I really wish I hadn’t done it.
我真希望我沒那么做。
S:What on earth are you talking about?
你究竟在說什么呢?
T:I got caught cheating. I feel so ashamed. The teacher saw me and told me I failed.
我考試作弊被抓了,我感覺太丟人了。老師看見我了,還告訴我這次考試不及格了。
S:What were you thinking?
你怎么想呢?
T:You know my father. If I fail, he'll kill me. I have to do well.
你知道我爸爸的,我要是考試不及格,他會殺了我的。我必須得考好才行。
S:But what you should do is study hard.
可是你應該做的是好好學習啊。
T:I know...I know...it's all my fault. I feel awful that I didn’t study, and I cheated, and I got caught.
我知道……我知道……都是我的錯。我不學習,還作弊,結果還被抓了,這真是太糟了。
S:So long as you learn from your mistakes.
只要你吸取教訓就好了。