A:Who's that man over there talking to James?
在那邊跟James講話的男士是誰?
B:Where? Oh, that's Henry.
在哪兒?噢,那是Henry.
A:He's very handsome, isn't he? What's he like?
他真帥,對吧?他為人怎么樣?
B:He's very nice, actually, but rather eccentric.
說真的,他人很好,可是很古怪。
A:Really? I love eccentric people.
是嗎,我喜歡古怪的人。
B:Yes, but he may be too eccentric even for you.
是啊,可是連你都可能會覺得他太古怪了。
A:Why? What do you mean by that?
為什么?你這話是什么意思?
B:Well, haven't you heard?
哦,你沒有聽說過嗎?
A:Heard what? No one ever tells me anything.
聽說什么?從來沒人跟我說過什么。
B:Well, apparently, he's been having an affair with his secretary.
噢,他好像跟他的秘書有過一腿。
A:Really! How fascinating.
哇塞!太精彩了。
B:According to Mary, he's divorcing his wife and there's a big fight going on about the children. I thought everyone knew.
Mary說他正在和太太鬧離婚,而且為了小孩的事吵得很兇。我以為大家都知道。
A:Well, what can I say? I didn't know. Oh, I meant to tell you earlier, your blouse doesn't really match your skirt. Those colors don't really suit you either.
噢,說真的,我不知道。對了,我剛才就想告訴你,你的衣服跟裙子不太配。這些顏色也不太適合你。
B:Oh. Thanks. Look, I must just go and say hello to someone. I'll be right back.