A:What are you doing?你干什么呢?
B:I'm just trying to complete today's crossword puzzle. Whenever I get the time, I like to do the crossword puzzles in the paper.我正在玩今天報紙上的填字游戲.只要一有空,我就喜歡玩報紙上的填字游戲.
A:You really like brains that make you think, don't you?你真是喜歡玩那種需要動腦子的益智游戲,沒錯吧?
B:I guess you could say that. What kind of games do you like?我就知道你會這么說.你喜歡玩什么類型的游戲?
A:I guess the games I like the most are the ones that I'm good at!只要是我能玩好的,我都喜歡.
B:Doesn't everyone? Which games are those?什么都行?都包括什么游戲呢?
A:Well, I like to play darts. Whenever I go to a bar, I usually play for a few hours.恩,我喜歡玩飛鏢.每次一去酒吧,我都能晚上好幾個鐘頭.
B:Did you play a lot of games when you were little?你小時候經常玩游戲嗎?
A:My parents used to love to play checkers and dominoes. We used to have family tournaments every weekend.我爸爸媽媽喜歡玩跳棋和多米諾骨牌.我們每周末都會組織家庭內部的比賽.
B:Do you still like playing those games?你現在還喜歡玩那些嗎?
A:Not at all. I never really did, to be honest. What about you? Did your family used to play games together?不了,老實說,我從來都不是發(fā)自內心地喜歡.你呢?你們家里人過去一起玩游戲嗎?
B:Everyone in my family really enjoys playing card games.我們家每個人都特別喜歡打撲克.
A:Some of my friends play cards on the internet. Have you ever tried that?我的很多朋友都上網打牌.你試過在網上玩嗎?
B:No, I prefer to play with people I know.沒有,我還是比較喜歡和認識的人一起玩.
A:How about mah-jong?麻將怎么樣?
B:It's a popular game with some people, but I've never played it.有些人很喜歡,不過我從來沒玩過.
A:I thought everyone in your country were experts at mah-jong!我以為你們國家的人都是麻將高手.
B:I hate to disappoint you, but unlike what most people think, we aren't all exactly the same!我不想掃你的興,不過其實并不像人們想象的那樣,人和人還是有個體差異的.