1. Hopes dimmed.
希望越來越渺茫。
2. I went all out!
我已盡力了!
?go all out 全力以赴,鼓足干勁
e.g. We have to go all out and catch up with them. 我們要鼓足干勁趕上他們。
>>流行美語第356課:全力以赴去娛樂吧<<
3. The groom made the rounds.
新郎挨個敬酒。
?make the rounds 串門拜訪,四處走動
e.g. In hospitals, night nurses are making their usual rounds. 醫(yī)院里,值夜班的護士正在例行查房。
4. You’re taking your life in your hands.
你在玩命。
5. It’s just a one-off.
只是一次性的。
6. I need a few days to mull it over.
給我?guī)滋熳屛蚁胂搿?/p>
?mull over 琢磨,斟酌,反復考慮
e.g. I'll leave you alone here so you can mull it over. 我不打擾你了,你在這兒可以仔細考慮考慮這事兒。
7. How can we mitigate the effects now?
我們現在怎樣才能緩解問題?
8. They’re as thick as thieves.
他們倆形影不離。
?thick as thieves 親密無間,交情深厚
Bon Jovi(邦喬維)的專輯《What About Now》里有一首歌就叫做《Thick As Thieves》,有興趣的可以搜一下聽聽~
9. You keep going off on a tangent.
你老是跑題。
?go off on a tangent (說話時)突然離題,扯到題外;突然背離原來的思路;突然改變行徑
也可以用go(fly) off at a tangent
10. I’m nursing my energy.
我在積蓄力量。