A:Excuse me. Is there any body here?
打擾了。這里有人嗎?
B:Yes.
有啊。
A:I've finished up all my water. I would kill for a sip of water.
我把水喝光了。只要有給我一口水,我什么事情都可以做。
B:Sure, come on in.
當然可以,進來吧。
A:Thank you very much. Are you here alone?
非常感謝。你一個人嗎?
B:My father and sister are out to photographing. What about you?
我爸爸和姐姐出去拍照片了。你呢?
A:I'm a back-packer from America.
我是一個來自美國的背包客。
B:What is a back-packer?
什么是背包客?
A:It means a hiker who loves traveling around the world.
就是喜歡在全世界旅游的徒步旅行者啊!
B:Cool. You must have been to a lot of places.
太酷了。那你一定到過很多地方了。
A:Yes, actually almost half of all the countries over the world. I love traveling places.
是的,實際上我?guī)缀醯竭^全世界一半的國家。我喜歡到處旅游。
B:So cool. I want to be a back-packer when I grow up.
真的很酷。等我長大了我也要做一名背包客。
A:You can do it. But do work hard on your English to make it easier.
你可以做的,不過你要先學好英語,這樣會容易一些。
B:I'll try my best.
我一定會努力的。
注釋:
sip n. 啜吸
alone adj. 單獨的
photographing n. 攝影
back-packer n. 背包客
hiker n. 徒步旅行者
grow up 長大
try my best 竭盡所能